JESUS TEDDY PRAISE PARTY
A great time was had by all on Saturday! Photo to follow...
PENTECOST SUNDAY 19 May with Churches Together Whit Walk (at 2pm from St Bartholomew's to St Hubert's)
Race Night at Gt Harwood Golf Club 1st June 7pm - proceeds to Church Funds
St Bartholomew's Church (often known as St Bart's) aims to be a welcoming congregation with a wide age-range, which works with the other churches in Great Harwood to serve our town; the Great Harwood Ecumenical Partnership was officially formed in 2007 to help us work, worship, and witness together.
Our worship centres around Holy Communion, and our 10.00 am service increasingly caters for all ages. There is a range of midweek activities, both for adults and for children and young people, which are detailed in our monthly magazine and weekly notice sheet and prayer diary.
Great Harwood is an ancient market town, which prospered as a mill town in the 19th century and has developed further with light industry and suburban housing. Our history goes back to the chapel that existed on our present site in 1335; the present building is largely from the 15th and 16th centuries and was originally dedicated to St Lawrence. In the 19th century it was extended to cope with a growing population, while St John's Church, now sadly demolished, was built in 1912 and closed in 2007.
We are delighted to welcome people from the parish for baptisms and weddings, and glad to minister to people in times of bereavement and illness.
Rev Colin Penfold
Tel: 01254 884039
For all church enquiries, baptisms, weddings, etc.
Tel: 01254 829240